BE S.M.A.R.T. WHEN SETTING GOALS THIS YEAR

 


SMART GOALS SETTING IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE:  

·         It helps teachers think critically about what they want to accomplish within a set time frame, and develop a reasonable overall plan that can be broken down into manageable steps.

When you develop your goals through the SMART system, they can see fruition through a clear and logical process.


WHAT IS THE SMART SYSTEM?

S.  SPECIFIC: I want to have a full time job as an FDK ECE by June.

M. MEASURABLE: I am going to apply for five jobs every month until I get an interview.

A. ATTAINABLE:  I have the education requirements and some experience working as an EDP ECE.

R. REALISTIC:  I can gain some extra experience by working or volunteering during my split shift twice a week.

T. TIME BASED: I will review and apply for jobs through the school board website, especially during the main hiring time, which is in April and May.

FIVE SMART GOAL EXAMPLES

1.       Over the next three years, I would like to get my masters degree in child development, so I can move my career into teaching ECE students at the local college.

2.       Over the next school year, I will participate in 25 hours of administration professional development.

3.       Over the next year I will register in at least 2 course per term in the master’s degree part time program.

4.       Over the next six months, every two weeks I’ll implement one organizational technique from my organizational tips for teachers, to streamline my flow of office paper and programming work.

5.       This summer (June, July and August), I will participate in one online workshop a month on inquiry and looseparts for online teaching practices.

 

Adapted from George Doran. 1981 and 10 S.M.A.R.T Goal Examples for Elementary Teachers. https://elementaryassessments.com/

______________________________

Want more information on how to become a mindful ECE?  Download The Mindful ECE Resource Collection.


Comments

Popular Posts

LEARNING STORIES – Observation and documentation the New Zealand Te Whāriki Way

THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN INDEPENDENCE AND INTERDEPENDENCE IN RELATION TO CULTURAL EXPECTATIONS FOR CHILDREN

CREATE A LOW-KEY MINDFUL PLAY ENVIRONMENT FOR CHILDREN